Ken leads Lowenstein’s information security and data privacy programs, and mitigates their security and privacy risks to comply with client and regulatory requirements. He has more than 20 years of experience implementing and supporting secure, complex information technology infrastructures. Ken’s detailed knowledge of security and network methodologies, techniques, and best practices enables him to thoroughly assess and remediate cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
He is President of the New Jersey Chapter of (ISC)2, a charitable, nonprofit organization focused on disseminating knowledge, exchanging ideas, and encouraging community outreach efforts in an effort to advance information security practice and awareness. Ken is also a member of the Executive and Threat Intelligence Committees of the Legal Services Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (LS-ISAO), a member-driven community providing a secure framework for sharing actionable threat intelligence and vulnerability information. LS-ISAO fosters collaboration among members and engages key sectors and governments to prevent and respond to cybersecurity incidents.
Ken is a volunteer with the Cybersecurity Workforce Alliance (CWA), which mentors high school and college students who are breaking into the cybersecurity field. He periodically presents at conferences to educate audiences about the evolving cybersecurity and privacy landscape.
Prior to joining Lowenstein, Ken served as Director of Cybersecurity and Privacy at CohnReznick LLP, a professional services firm.
Ken’s cybersecurity and privacy certifications include:
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CIPP/US: Certified Information Privacy Professional – United States
- CIPM: Certified Information Privacy Manager
- CIPT: Certified Information Privacy Technologist
- CCSP: Certified Cloud Security Professional
- ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
- HCISPP: HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker