See more section
Mary has over 15 years of experience supporting strategic life sciences transactions–most recently as Vice President and Senior Counsel, Corporate Transactions, at Celgene Corporation. While at Celgene, she was lead attorney on a broad spectrum of life sciences transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, early and late stage collaborations, licenses, options, co-development and co-commercialization collaborations, clinical collaborations, and diagnostic collaborations.
Representative transactions while at Celgene include:
- $67 billion acquisition by Bristol Myers Squibb
- $13.4 billion divestiture of Otezla to Amgen
- $9 billion acquisition of Juno Therapeutics
- $300 million acquisition of Delinia, Inc.
Prior to Celgene, Mary was at Merck & Co. Inc., where she worked as both an attorney and an Executive Director of Business Development leading a transaction team on all aspects of licensing, partnerships, and acquisition opportunities.
Representative transactions while at Merck include:
- $14.2 billion divestiture of its consumer care business to Bayer
- $10 billion acquisition of Cubist Pharmaceutical
- Licensing of Phase III oncology product and collaboration with Endocyte with respect to product’s companion diagnostic
With a deep, industry-centered approach across a broad range of business development, transactional, litigation, and regulatory issues, Mary is a skilled advisor and collaborative business partner in helping clients navigate the life sciences landscape. Her clients value her strategic and practical advice on deal structures, business development, and dispute resolution.